The school is well served by bus services from all parts of Rastrick and Brighouse operate by First Bus and there are direct services from Halifax and Huddersfield:
B10 Huddersfield – RHS
B11 Bradley – RHS
C35 RHS – Halifax Bus station (operates PM only)
Metro advise that all students purchase a Young Persons PhotoCard which allows half fare travel for all 11-16 year olds. These are free and available from online or from a Bus Station Travel Centre. Furthermore, if you are worried about finding enough change for a bus fare everyday- consider purchasing a School Plus MetroCard, which can be used in conjunction with a Young Persons PhotoCard. MetroCards are available as weekly or monthly passes
The Young Person’s website www.generationm.co.uk is the one stop shop for the most up to date services, news, tickets and lots more. However, if you do have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the education transport team 0113 348 1122.
If your child currently travels to school by a dedicated service bus or is due to start secondary school for the first time in September 2020 and intends to use the school bus service, you will need to apply for a bus pass.
To Renew/Apply for a-
ZERO FARE PASS: if eligible under Calderdale’s Home to School Transport Policy, please apply from the 2nd March online via;
FARE PAYABLE PASS: please apply from early April direct to Metro via;
The deadline to apply is Friday 19th June 2020
Transport arrangements may not be guaranteed for the start of the new school year for applications received after this date.
If the services listed do not serve your area, a normal service bus may be the best option.
For information on non-school buses, you can visit www.wymetro.com or ring Metro Line on 0113 245 7676 between 7am-10pm.
For information about the late running of public services and lost property, please call:
0345 646 0707
Option 7 – for an operator who will advise how late the bus is running
Option 5 – for lost property
If you are new to public transport, it’s a good idea to find the stop you will be using so you are confident you know where to go on your first day.
Make sure you have the correct pass and or money.
- Remember to signal to the bus by putting your arm out as soon as you see the correct bus. If you don’t signal to the driver they will not stop.
WAITING FOR THE BUS
- Queue sensibly, away from the road;
- Get on the bus calmly, without pushing;
ON THE BUS
- Remember to show your pass to the driver (where applicable);
- Find a seat and stay seated for the journey. If there are no seats, hold onto rail
(Where standing permitted);
- If the bus has seatbelts, they must be worn;
- Do not distract the driver unless in an emergency:
- Do not damage the bus or interfere with the cctv or any other safety equipment;
- Photos should not be taken without the prior consent of the person(s) concerned;
- Always behave sensibly throughout your journey;
GETTING OFF THE BUS
- When your stop is next, ring the bell once. If it has already been rung, you do not need to ring it again.
- If you have to cross the road after you get off the bus, wait until the bus has moved off and you can see the road clearly in both directions, or go to the nearest available crossing.