Developing self-reliance and promoting citizenship
Complementing the taught curriculum, our extensive Enrichment Programme is designed to broaden our students’ horizons through a vibrant array of activities before and after the school day. We encourage our students to engage with the local community through charity work and as Student Leaders. We have close links with the National Citizenship Service which connects young people with volunteering opportunities and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme which is open to students from Year 9 upwards.
There are many excellent societies and clubs which include choirs, concerts bands, drama productions, a debating society, football, netball, rugby, judo, mountain biking, school radio station, film making group, engineering and professional cookery to name but a few.
We are also keen to provide opportunities for our students to learn and perform outside the classroom. Typical activities include:
- Art & Design Technology trip to New York
- History trip to the Battlefields in France and Belgium
- Modern Languages trips to Finland, Spain and France
- Participation in the Mrs Sunderland Festival
- Physics trip to Switzerland
- Skiing in Austria and Italy
- Year 7 Bushcraft in Cheshire
Click here to view the Spring/Summer 2018/19 timetable – including Music activities.